How to Qualify for Supplemental Security Income Benefits in NC?
Gaining Social Security disability benefits is important for thousands upon thousands of Americans who deal with debilitating mental and physical disabilities. Applying for and receiving SSI benefits can be the difference between leading an appropriately comfortable life or living a miserable existence. In America, compassion must be shown to those who need help, and Social Security programs are one valuable tool that allows us to do just that. At Clauson Law Firm, PLLC we provide some of the best SSI Attorney services in NC, at affordable rates that work for Americans in dire need of SSI benefits.
Before you decide to apply for SSI, it is important to know whether you qualify for benefits. To help you determine whether you qualify and whether you are ready to begin the application, consider the following.
Here Are Some SSI Important Facts to Consider
- Your mental/physical disability must be expected to keep you from performing work for a predicted minimum of 12 months.
- You will need detailed medical records and doctor recommendations regarding your condition before applying for SSI.
- The process of getting approved can take anywhere from a few months to a few years, and even longer if you must enter the appeal process, so having all documents properly prepared can save you time.
- Your current financial assets must be below certain levels before you can be awarded SSI benefits.
- Applying for SSI does not automatically disqualify you for other benefits, such as VA awarded programs.
- There is no time limit on when you can begin your application, but once you start the process, time is most certainly of the essence, and some deadlines will begin to countdown.
Having a skilled SSI attorney is of the utmost importance when pursuing Social Security disability benefits. With our expertise of how documents and evidence can be filed effectively in your favor, to our pre-existing experience with local NC SSA department employees, we know how to successfully guide you through this sometimes difficult and frustrating process. Additionally, we will be there every step of the way if you require an appeal after your initial application. If you need SSI benefits, do not risk your future by trying to represent yourself or by hiring an inexperienced law professional, and go with the best SSI Attorney firm in NC, Clauson Law Firm, PLLC. No other firm will be as compassionate, dedicated, and effective as our professional team.