Hard Facts about Disability
- Disability does not discriminate! It can strike anyone at any time, without warning.
- Disabled adults in the United States comprise the largest minority group in the nation.
- Nearly 70% of disabled adults are not working.
- Nearly 1/3 of both working and non-working disability recipients live at or below the Federal poverty line.
Disability Statistics Compiled by The Social Security Administration
- As of 2012, 10.1 million people received Social Security disability benefits.
- Nearly 3 million new disability applications were filed in 2012.
- A little more than half of all new disability applications were filed by men.
- The average age of disabled workers was 53.
- The average monthly disability benefit payment amount was $1,134.86.
Common Disorders for New Disability Claims (Although by No Means A Comprehensive List)
- Back Pain/Spinal Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Heart Disease
- Cancer and other Terminal Illnesses
Filing for disability can be a long and daunting process. Our professional disability attorney and staff at The Clauson Law Firm, PLLC is dedicated to helping the disabled get the benefits that they need and deserve. Contact us today at 877-835-0923 to learn more about the claims process if you or a loved one has been stricken with a disability.