Car Accident Attorney in Raleigh, NC
If you have been involved in a car accident, you might be wondering whether you need an attorney to deal with the legal aspects of your situation. Or, you may already know that you need a Raleigh NC car accident lawyer, but you have no idea to hire one.
Most people are not familiar with the legal system or the lawsuit process. That is why having an attorney help you is so important. A Raleigh car accident Lawyer is going to know all of the laws and rules that apply to your specific situation. They deal with cases like yours day-in-and-day-out, and you can put their experience and knowledge to work for you.
If you are ready to explore your options for hiring a lawyer, you have found a good place to start. The below how-to information gives you some general knowledge that you can use to begin your search.
What Kind of Raleigh Car Accident Lawyer Do You Need?
There are all kinds of lawyers. Many specialize in just a few areas of the law simply because it is not possible to know every area very well. By limiting a lawyer’s practice, he or she can really hone their skills and get very good at what they do.
As someone who has been involved in a car accident in the Raleigh area, you need a Raleigh car accident lawyer. That means that the person who did your will or helped with your family law issue may not be the right fit for your car accident case. Instead, you need someone who has experience with cases like yours.
How Do I Find a Raleigh Car Accident Attorney?
Finding good lawyers near you can be a tricky process. However, you can take the following steps to start your search for a Raleigh NC car accident lawyer.
- Talk to friends and family to get referrals. If you know someone that was in a car accident, and they used a particular firm or individual, it might be a good idea to get their recommendations. Sometimes they will provide rave reviews of an attorney, or they may state that you should stay away from whoever they used. Talking to friends and family is a good way to get unbiased, truthful reviews—and you can ask questions as needed.
- Do an online search. Merely using an online search engine to look for lawyers can be a good way to get an idea of the attorneys in your area. Most lawyers will have a website that sets out their basic qualifications. Listing services will also often provide a general list of names based on specialties in your area, too.
- Look for online reviews and ratings. When you are doing an online search, you can check for reviews on third-party websites. Some reviews will provide a simply star-rating, while others will go into detail about the service that they received from a specific lawyer or a particular Raleigh car accident law firm. These reviews are not as reliable compared to talking with friends and family, but they can provide a helpful starting point.
- Check other listing services. Some lawyers will still advertise in the phone book and other related listing services. You might see some general advertisements on television or on billboards, as well. While you should not base your decision on whether to hire a particular lawyer on their ads alone, it can also provide a good place to start.
While you can get an attorney outside of the Raleigh area, it is often helpful to have someone nearby. That way, you can meet with your attorney in person. It makes building your case and preparing for trial much easier.
What Should I Look for in a Raleigh Car Accident Lawyer?
Keep in mind that you do not have to hire the first lawyer that you meet. Many lawyers and law firms will provide free consultation services. This type of meeting allows you to meet your potential attorney and take a look at how they run their office. It also lets the attorney review the facts of your case so he or she can give you some general information on what your case might be worth and what you should do next.
When you go to your consultation, you should be on the lookout for a few general characteristics. You should be able to answer these questions as part of your meeting.
- Is this lawyer easy to talk to?
- Does he or she really seem to be listening to what I’m saying?
- How receptive is this person to questions?
- Do I have any concerns about communication skills or competency?
- Do I just “click” with this attorney?
- Am I confident that he or she will be able to help me effectively?
The attorney that will work best for you should have your best interests in mind. They should listen to what you have to say and offer effective advice that you can understand.
Raleigh Car Accident Lawyer Free Consultation
If you are ready to take the next step and meet our team, contact us. We can set up a free consultation that will work for your schedule.
Raleigh Car Accident Attorney FAQ's
When you hire a Raleigh car accident lawyer from our office to represent you, you get a trusted advocate committed to aggressively pursuing your claim for damages against the party or parties whose negligence caused you to suffer injuries. We never lose sight of the fact that we work for you and have committed our efforts to achieving a favorable result through a negotiated settlement or by taking your case to trial.
We know you have a lot of options available to you when looking for a Raleigh car accident attorney, but none of them surpasses the drive and determination found at The Clauson Law Firm. From the moment you hire us to be your car accident lawyer, we get to work gathering the evidence necessary to build a strong case, including:
- Obtaining police reports of the accident and contacting witnesses.
- Contacting your physicians and other medical providers to obtain records and reports to prove the nature and severity of your injuries.
- Identifying the cause of the crash and the parties to be held liable for it.
- Communicating with insurance carriers for at-fault parties and engaging in settlement negotiations.
We believe that an essential part of our role as your attorneys is to keep you informed and be available to answer questions or address concerns that you have about the case and anything related to it.
How can I afford to hire a car accident lawyer near me? is a concern of people injured in a car accident, but it need not be a concern for you. We do not collect a legal fee for our services unless and until we recover compensation for you either through settlement or by taking the case to trial.
Protecting your right to claim damages against the party or parties responsible for causing a car accident starts with what you do and say at the accident scene. Here are a few essential things to do when involved in a crash:
- Stop and remain at the scene. It is a violation of the law to leave the scene of an accident.
- Protect yourself and others from further injury by turning off the ignition of your car and turning on the emergency flashers. Instead of standing in the road, move onto a sidewalk or at least out of the way of traffic.
- Call 911 to report the accident to the police and request medical assistance if you or anyone else has been injured.
- Refrain from talking about the cause of the accident or how you feel with anyone other than police or other emergency personnel responding to the scene.
- Exchange contact, vehicle, and license information with other drivers who were involved in the crash unless police do it for you.
- If you are physically capable of doing it, use the camera of your smartphone to take photos of the accident site, including the condition of all vehicles.
- Get medical attention for any injuries either from emergency medical personnel at the scene or at a hospital emergency department or your family doctor. Even if you do not believe that you were injured, it is a good idea to have a doctor examine you to rule out injuries, such as a concussion, that may not present symptoms for hours or days after they occur.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
Once you have been examined by a physician, contact a car accident lawyer in Raleigh at The Clauson Law Firm, PLLC, to learn about the rights you have and the options available for enforcing them.
Some of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions.
- Intersection and side-impact crashes.
- Head-on collisions.
- Rollover crashes.
Our car accident attorney handles claims caused by many different factors, but the most common causes include the following:
- Distracted driving.
- Fatigued or drowsy driving.
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Speeding and reckless driving.
A defective part or a design flaw in a vehicle can cause an accident as could poor road design or maintenance.