The Clauson Law Firm – Greenville’s Hardest Working Personal Injury Lawyers
Did you ever see a tractor-trailer accident? The crash scenes are so horrific, and the injuries are so severe that many people don’t survive. Those who do survive an accident with a tractor-trailer are often so seriously injured that their life is changed forever.
If you or your family member were injured in a collision with a tractor-trailer truck or semi in the Greenville vicinity, the Clauson Law Firm knows what compensation you need and how to get it for you.
Drivers of Big-Rig, 18-Wheeler, Semi, and Tractor Trailer Accident Rates
- More than 1 in 3 long-haul truck drivers were involved in a serious truck crash during their career.
- 71% of people killed in large truck crashes were occupants of the other, smaller vehicle.
- 1/3 of all tractor-trailer vs. other vehicle crashes were near head-on collisions.
- Heavy truck and tractor-trailer drivers have the highest numbers of pedestrian deaths of any occupation: 67 in 2018.
The massive impact created by the force of a speeding tractor-trailer truck colliding with a car is like being hit by a building traveling at 60 mph. Cars are often crushed beyond recognition. Victims of these 18-wheel behemoths frequently suffer physical injuries that are survivable only because of the marvels of modern medical science.
Clauson Law’s tractor-trailer accident lawyers know that survival means months or years of painful, heart-breaking, adjustment to life-long disabilities and agonizing rehabilitative therapy. Here are just a few possible results of a tractor-trailer accident:
- Fractured skull and facial bones,
- Multiple broken bones in arms, legs, chest, shoulders,
- Broken spine with accompanying temporary or permanent paralysis,
- Spinal cord injury, including severed spine resulting in paralysis,
- Traumatic brain injury, consequent loss of brain functions, cognitive impairment
- Dismemberment or surgical amputation of limbs,
- Severe burns with life-long disfigurement,
- Pain and suffering, both physical and psychological.
Compensation You Deserve – Full Financial Recovery
No amount of financial compensation can ever undo the tragic consequences of a catastrophic injury suffered when your car is crushed by a fully loaded tractor-trailer moving at any significant speed. But living with the negative effects from the accident costs money, a lot of money.
Our devoted, skilled, and experienced lawyers at the Clauson Lawfirm are experts in recovering the full measure of financial compensation you deserve to help you and your family cope with your injuries, no matter how severe they are.
- Complete recovery of all medical expenses, including surgeries, hospital stay, diagnostic tests and procedures, doctor’s services (radiology, anesthesia, etc.),
- Full recovery of all expenses for rehabilitation, therapists, equipment, home health care,
- Full compensation for all psychological treatment and support,
- Payment of past and future wages lost due to your injury and future limited earning capacity,
- Compensation to your spouse and family for their loss of your good companionship, support, and social interaction,
- Recovery of all property damages,
- Maximum possible compensation for the physical and psychological pain, suffering, and anguish caused by the accident, calculated for as long as you will continue to suffer.
Special Liability Issues Common Tractor-Trailer Accidents
Serious accidents involving tractor-trailers trigger investigations into issues not usually encountered in more typical collisions.
- Compliance Issues: Does the driver hold a valid Class-A Commercial Driver’s License?
- Did the driver maintain accurate driving-hours log required by federal regulations?
- If hazardous or flammable material was hauled, were all federal interstate and state permits current and valid?
- Identifying Responsible Parties: Who owns the truck tractor and cargo trailer?
- Is the truck leased through another transport contractor?*
(*If a victim’s lawyer fails to identify and name every potentially liable party as a defendant in the lawsuit, the named defendants can try to shift responsibility to the missing defendant, costing the victim his full compensation)
- Investigating Vehicle Maintenance: What do records reveal about the maintenance of the truck, especially the brakes and the tires?
- Were the brakes set in compliance with applicable deceleration standards set by government authorities?
- How many miles and on what kind of roads did the truck travel since the last maintenance?
- Driver Competence: Does the driver have any history of previous accidents, violations, or other driving related problems that were known or reasonably should have been known to the driver’s supervisors?
- Nature of Load: Did the truck’s cargo or load shifting contribute to the accident? If so, who secured it and was it secured negligently?
- Was the load overweight or were special driving protocols needed to transport it safely?
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident with a tractor-trailer in the Greenville area, call the professionals at the Clauson Law Firmto get your maximum just compensation.
Special issues in big-rig, 18-wheeler accidents need lawyers with experience and devotion to your case.