Car Accident Attorney in Greenville, NC
Greenville is a beautiful city where more than 93,000 people make their home, go to school, run businesses, and enjoy life. But in 2018, Greenville saw 3,684 automobile crashes occur within the city limits.
Just in those crashes, more than 2100 people suffered injuries; 8 people died. In all of Pitt County there were 6,295 crashes; 21 people died.
When you or your family member are injured in a Greenville car accident, life changes. Not just for the victim, but for everyone who loves them. Families can undergo life-long changes because another driver wasn’t paying attention.
We at the Clauson Law Firm are devoted to helping you and your family get through this awful experience with as little disruption and with as much compensation as possible.
Car Accident Injuries Attorney in Greenville, NC
There’s no way to predict what injury you’ll suffer in a Greenville car accident. The possibilities are endless because the forces your body absorbs from the physics of a particular accident determines whether your injury will be relatively minor or catastrophic.
Even car accidents that appear at first glance to be minor often result in injuries involving torn or badly sprained neck and back muscles, or spinal disk injuries leaving victims with years-long limitations.
The human body is especially vulnerable to the laws of physics in car accidents. When a car is traveling 60 mph, so are the driver and passengers. Despite the modern design of passenger car safety features, car accidents thrust the drivers and passengers hard into their seat belts, often breaking collar bones and ribs.
When a car is suddenly hit by another vehicle, the occupant’s head snaps toward the colliding vehicle. A person restrained by a seat belt feels the full weight of their head (about 11 pounds) yank their neck violently, first in one direction and then back again. These whiplash injuries frequently leave the victims with severe ligament, muscle, and disk injuries. Many victims also suffer memory issues or headaches from concussion-related damage.
Of course, car accidents cause every kind of bone injury, from facial fractures, skull fractures, and broken vertebrae, to crushed arms and legs. Car accident-related serious bone damage frequently requires surgeons to implant steel rods, plates, and pins into the victim’s body.
Internal injuries to vital organs, hemorrhaging, punctured lungs, intestinal ruptures, and a long list of other possible life-threatening injuries torment car accident victims, often for the rest of their life.
Greenville Car Accident Attorney Cares About Your Injury
You are more than a client at Clauson Law, you are our mission. Our team studies every aspect of your car accident:
- the specific details of events preceding the crash,
- the nature and severity of every injury you suffered,
- the accident’s impact on your family life and relationships,
- the financial costs of all medical treatment, including emergency care, surgeries, needed rehab, and all future expenses likely to be needed,
- your lost wages, earnings, and your loss of future earnings,
- the physical and psychic pain and suffering you experienced,
- the loss of your enjoyment of your life, and any consequent mental health challenges,
- the full value of all property damage
Greenville Car Accident Attorney - Aggressive Negotiation with Maximum Recovery
Our goal is to help you recover the fullest possible compensation to provide you and your family with the knowledge that your suffering was recognized and your losses were made whole.
Clauson Law is experienced in winning large settlements for our clients and fighting to the end when an insurance company or an opponent fails to respond reasonably to our rightful demands on your behalf. Insurers who represent the negligent driver often try to escape liability by claiming you contributed to the accident. The Clauson Law Firm is ready to defend you against false or unfounded accusations that your own negligence played a contributing role in the car accident.
In North Carolina, if a car accident victim’s own negligence contributed to the car crash, then our state law prevents the victim from recovering money in an action against the more negligent driver. Our lawyers and support staff are well prepared to discredit unjust claims of negligence made against our clients.
Preparation is a Key to Our Success
Cases are won with thorough, detailed preparation. Clauson Law’s commitment to serving every client means preparing every part of an accident victim’s case so nothing is left undone:
We fully investigate all the facts of your case, we collect all medical records and bills, we analyze every entry and obtain expert opinions from medical specialists, accident reconstruction experts, and any other authority necessary to fully develop and identify the highest compensation value appropriate to your accident.
Greenville Car Accident Lawyer FAQ's
When you suffer injuries in a car accident caused by another driver, it is essential that you know what to do to protect yourself from additional harm and preserve your right to be compensated. Here are a few essential steps to take after a car accident in Greenville:
- Remain at the scene. Leaving may be a violation of North Carolina law.
- Do not get out of the car until you check yourself and your passengers for injuries.
- Call 911 to report the accident and request police and emergency medical assistance.
- Make certain the engine is off and activate the emergency flashers before exiting your car. If you are seriously injured, stay put and wait for the police.
- Once outside of the car, move to a safe location at the side of the road away from traffic.
- Use your cellphone to photograph the driver's license and insurance card of other drivers or simply write the information on a piece of paper.
- Take pictures of the vehicles and the accident scene.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Get in touch with a Greenville car accident lawyer for sound advice.
Handling a claim for damages against a motorist whose negligence caused an accident is not something you want to do on your own. Instead, get the benefit of having an experienced and skilled professional looking out for your interests by contacting a Greenville car accident attorney at the Clauson Law Firm.
A Clauson Law car accident lawyer lets you concentrate on recovering from your injuries while we take care of all the work needed to get you the compensation that you deserve, including:
- Handling all communications with the insurance company and defense lawyer representing the at-fault motorist.
- Gathering witness statements and other evidence to support and strengthen your claim.
- Communicating with your medical providers and obtaining records and reports about your medical condition.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to achieve a favorable settlement.
- Preparing documents, including court pleadings, to commence a lawsuit to force the other party to negotiate in good faith or go to trial.
- Representing you at trial by presenting evidence to prove your claim for damages.
Equally as important is our ability to estimate the value of your claim based on our years of experience handling car accident cases. Knowing what the claim is worth prevents you from being taken advantage of by an insurance company offering to quickly settle for a fraction of what you deserve.
Searching the internet for a "car accident lawyer near me" may get you the names of lawyers, but you don't want just any lawyer. You want a car accident attorney with a history of aggressively standing up for the rights of people injured by others.
Our car accident attorney in Greenville combines outstanding negotiation skills with extensive and successful trial experience. Insurance companies know we are capable of taking a case to trial when doing so benefits our client.
When the time comes that you need a car accident lawyer in Greenville, the Clauson Law Firm does not want cost to be a factor. We handle car accident cases on a contingency fee arrangement. We only receive a legal fee if and when we win your case either through settlement or after trial.
Being struck in the rear, head-on collisions and side-impact crashes represent the most frequently occurring types of car accidents. Common causes include the following conduct by drivers:
- Alcohol or drug impairment.
- Distracted driving.
- Reckless behavior.
If you believe you may have a claim for damages against another driver, call our Greenville car accident lawyer.