Car Accident Attorney in Greensboro, NC
Greensboro car accident lawyer committed to the fight for fair compensation for victims.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, more than 125,000 people were injured and another 1,472 were killed in car crashes on roads and highways throughout the state. No matter how careful you try to be, the careless and reckless behavior of other motorists could make you or members of your family the victims of a collision. If that happens, you need an experienced and skilled Greensboro car attorney accident attorney you can depend upon and trust to aggressively pursue a claim for compensation against the party responsible for causing your injuries.
The compassionate attorneys at the Clauson Law Firm, PLLC, make it possible for you to focus on the process of healing from the physical and emotional injuries caused by a car accident by taking on the challenge of enforcing your right to fair and just compensation. We offer sound legal advice and skilled representation based upon years of experience handling compensation claims for car accident victims throughout North Carolina. Whether negotiating with insurance company claims adjusters or pursuing your case through court proceedings, we aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Attorney Greensboro looking out for your interest
The law gives you the right to be compensated for the injuries suffered in a car accident caused by the negligence or reckless conduct of another party, but don't expect that party's insurance company to simply write a check to you. When you retain the services of our Greensboro car accident law firm, we carefully investigate the circumstances of the accident to identify the parties responsible for causing it and gather evidence to prove they were at fault.
We use the evidence to build a strong case supporting your right to be compensated for the damages caused by the negligent party, including:
- Expenses related to medical care provided by physicians, hospitals and other health care providers.
- Costs associated with physical and occupational therapy as prescribed by you doctors.
- Reimbursement for lost earnings and diminished future earnings capacity caused by the injuries suffered in the accident.
- Compensation for physical and emotion pain and suffering caused by your injuries.
Depending upon the nature and severity of your injuries, we may also pursue a claim for compensation for future medical care, such as surgical procedures, you physicians believe may be necessary.
We work directly with your health care professionals to gather the evidence needed to prove the nature and extent of the injuries you suffered due to fault on the part of another driver. The evidence gathered about the cause of the accident and your injuries is used to develop a strategy to obtain the maximum compensation possible either through a negotiated settlement or through a trial.
How a Greensboro car accident attorney proves negligence
Drivers have a duty to other users of the roads to operate their vehicles in a safe manner, which includes keeping a lookout for other vehicles and users of the roads and obeying the traffic laws. Accidents happen when motorists engage in careless or reckless behaviors, including:
- Speeding: According to the National Highway Safety Administration, a quarter of all car accidents resulting in fatalities were caused by one or more of the vehicles traveling at rate of speed in excess of the legal limit.
- Driver distraction: Anything that causes the attention of a driver to be diverted from maintaining control over their vehicle or observing what is going on around them may cause a collision. Texting while driving, talking on a cellphone, checking navigation systems and adjusting the radio are only a few of the distractions that increase the risk of an accident as a driver's eyes or attention are diverted from operation of the vehicle.
- Alcohol and drug use: The consumption of alcohol or drugs, including some types of prescribed medications, may cause a driver to suffer impaired judgment and motor skills that may cause a crash.
- Driver fatigue: Drowsiness and fatigue caused by a lack of sleep or too many hours spend behind the wheel may cause an accident when they delay the ability of the driver to react to changes in traffic or road conditions. For example, a sleepy driver may not be able to stop in time to avoid crashing into congested traffic.
A Greensboro car accident attorney uses knowledge of the law and skills gained from years of experience handling claims on behalf of accident victims to evaluate the facts and circumstances of a car crash and identify its cause.
Speak with a Greensboro Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has injured in a car accident, contact a Greensboro NC car accident lawyer at the Clauson Law Firm, PLLC, for legal advice and guidance about protecting your right to compensation. Call us today at 833-680-0177, or contact us through our website for a free case review.
Greensboro Car Accident Attorney FAQ's
Overwhelming fear, anxiety, and uncertainty commonly experienced by drivers and passengers make it difficult to know what to do when you are involved in a car accident, particularly when you have been injured. Remaining calm is essential while checking yourself and other occupants of your vehicle for injuries. Other steps to take include the following:
- Call 911 to report the accident and request police and medical assistance.
- Turn off the engine of your car and activate its hazard lights.
- If your injuries permit it, move out of the flow of traffic to avoid being hit by passing vehicles. It is best to leave your vehicle where it came to a stop after the crash and wait for the police to arrive and tell you what to do with it.
- Exchange contact, driver's license, and vehicle information with the drivers of other cars involved in the crash.
- Get the names and contact information of witnesses.
- Take photos of the accident scene, including any damage visible on the vehicles.
- Get treatment at the scene for your injuries or go to an emergency department or to your family doctor for an evaluation and treatment.
- Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.
Once you know the extent of your injuries as determined by a doctor, contact a car accident lawyer in Greensboro at The Clauson Law Firm to schedule a free consultation.
When the negligent or reckless behavior of another driver or other party causes a car accident, you may be entitled to recover monetary compensation for the damages you incurred, including:
- Medical expenses.
- Rehabilitation expenses.
- Lost current earnings and lost or diminished future earning capacity.
- Future medical expenses for treatment of your injuries.
- Compensation for pain and suffering endured as a result of being injured.
A free consultation with an outstanding Greensboro car accident lawyer from our office offers advice and guidance along with options for pursuing a claim against the parties responsible for causing the accident.
We understand how difficult life becomes for someone injured in a car accident. Not only must you keep up with medical treatment and, in many cases, physical therapy, but you have financial pressures created by mounting medical bills and a loss of income from being unable to work.
We want you to focus on healing and recovering from your injuries while our Greensboro car accident attorney takes care of everything that must be done to bring you justice by making the parties responsible for the accident pay for the damage done to you. From investigating the cause of the crash and gathering evidence to build a strong and winnable case to filing a lawsuit and negotiating a settlement or going to trial, we take the burden off of your shoulders.
You probably have a lot of questions about what to do next, and one of them may be, "How can I afford to hire a car accident lawyer near me?" We have answers to all of your questions and concerns, including a solution to your concern about legal fees.
We offer a free, hassle-free consultation for you to discuss your accident and get answers to any and all questions you have about it from a top-notch car accident attorney in Greensboro. We do not pressure you into deciding, but if you decide to hire us, we do not collect a legal fee until there is a favorable settlement or jury verdict. We get paid only when you do.
One of the first things our car accident attorney will ask you to do is describe the accident. The type of accident helps us to determine its cause and lets us identify the parties to hold liable for it. The types of accidents include the following:
- Head-on collision.
- Side-impact or T-bone crash.
- Vehicle rollover crashes.
- Rear-impact collisions.
Defective parts or components, such as brakes or steering, of a vehicle that fail to properly perform cause or contribute to causing car crashes. Other causes of accidents include:
- Driver distraction.
- Drug or alcohol impairment.
- Driver fatigue.
- Speeding and reckless driving.
- Road hazards, road defects, and improper road design.
Depending on the type and cause of a collision, a car accident attorney in Greensboro may determine the responsible parties to include the manufacturer of the vehicle or a component of it, another driver, the state or municipal agency responsible for road design and maintenance, and other parties whose negligence contributed to the crash.