Car Accident Attorney in Chapel Hill, NC
Do you live in the Chapel Hill area? Have you been the victim of a car accident that was in no way your fault? If so, you may be suffering from serious injuries. You may be facing medical bills that seem to come one after another, all while being unable to continue to work because of the accident. The damage that a sudden car accident can cause can be significant and long-lasting, and it can easily leave victims feeling overwhelmed, and anxious, and wondering where to turn. If you find yourself in this situation, turn to us. At The Clauson Law Firm, our knowledgeable and experienced team of Chapel Hill car accident attorneys is here for you.
Chapel Hill Car Accident Lawyer Understanding Your Rights – Causes and Consequences of accidents
Every year, thousands of people are injured in car accidents in North Carolina. Sometimes, both drivers are at fault, but quite often, the accidents are caused by the negligent and reckless behavior of only one driver. Some of the more common causes of car accidents include:
- Drowsy driving;
- Distracted driving
- Failure to obey traffic laws;
- Drunk driving, or driving under the influence of other substances;
- And more.
When an accident happens and you were in no way at fault, you are entitled to seek recovery under the law. Often, victims of car accidents wonder what type of compensation they might be entitled to, and the answer to that question will of course be dependent upon the unique circumstances of each accident. Generally, however, damages for medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, punitive damages, and reimbursement for damage to property may be available.
Experienced Chapel Hill Car Accident Attorney for Recovering the Compensation you Deserve
It’s important to realize, however, that the key to increasing your chances of recovering the compensation you deserve is hiring a talented legal team to pursue that compensation on your behalf. Why? A few reasons of many include:
- Understanding the law: This may seem obvious, but sometimes, it’s worth stating the obvious. There are often many complexities and nuances of the law that can have a significant impact on your case. For example – North Carolina is a contributory negligence state. This means that if the victim of a car accident was found to have played a role – even a small one – in causing the accident, recovery might be barred entirely. Having an attorney on your side who can help you to argue your best case will be critical to enhancing your chances of success.
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Taking the time to find the right legal team to represent you is well worth the effort. Being the victim of a car accident is a stressful enough experience in and of itself. Finding an attorney who can handle the legal matters while you focus on recovery can make a big difference to your overall well-being.
- Pursuing maximum recovery: Finding a legal team that truly understands the law and can help you pursue all of the avenues of recovery you might have available is essential. Overlooking compensation that you might otherwise be entitled to, or failing to assert rights that you have can cause significantly more financial difficulty in the long run.
There are a number of reasons to hire a legal team that has the knowledge and experience you need on your side as you move forward with your claim. At The Clauson Law Firm, we are that team.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer in Chapel Hill
If you've been the victim of a car accident, you may feel as if your life has been turned upside down. It's normal to feel overwhelmed and worried about your future. After all, you want to live your best life and provide for those you love, and that can be hard to do when you're injured and possibly unable to work or enjoy many of your normal day-to-day activities. While these worries are normal, they don't have to become your reality. The good news is that another reality is possible. You can seek the compensation you need and deserve to rebuild your life and begin a new chapter. At The Clauson Law Firm, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Speak with a Chapel Hill Car Accident Attorney
If you’re ready to get started and take the first step toward a healthier, happier new chapter ahead, we’re ready to work with you toward achieving your goals and easing your worries. You should be able to focus on your recovery – and leave the legal matters to us. Our highly knowledgeable and experienced team of Chapel Hill car accident attorneys will pursue the best legal strategies on your behalf, and we’ll keep you informed about and involved in your case each step of the way. Don’t wait any longer to start feeling better and moving forward. You can visit our website at www.clausonlaw.com, or give us a Distracted driving
Car Accident Attorney in Chapel Hill FAQ's
What you do after a car accident can affect your ability to recover damages against the party responsible for causing it. Here are a few tips for keeping yourself safe and protecting your rights:
- Stop and do not leave the scene.
- Remain in your vehicle and check yourself for injuries to make certain that moving will not cause additional physical harm.
- Call the police by dialing 911.
- Turn off your car's engine, activate the hazard lights, and look out for other vehicles before exiting your car. Move to the side of the road away from traffic.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with other drivers involved in the crash.
- Document the accident scene by taking photographs.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Chapel Hill for guidance on how to report the accident to your insurance company and file a claim against the driver whose fault caused the crash.
Our Chapel Hill car accident attorney lets you focus on getting the medical care and rest you need to recover from your injuries by taking care of everything involved with the claim for damages, including:
- Communicating with the other driver and the driver's insurance company.
- Investigating the accident to gather evidence supporting your claim.
- Presenting the evidence during negotiations or trial.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to settle the claim.
- Take the claim to trial when a favorable settlement cannot be achieved through negotiations.
A car accident lawyer knows from training and experience how to estimate the value of a claim to prevent you from settling for less than its true worth.
Typing "car accident lawyer near me" into a search engine will get results, but it will not get you a car accident attorney in Chapel Hill with superior negotiating skills and extensive courtroom experience and skills that you get when you contact the Clauson Law Firm. Insurance companies and defense lawyers know that we do not hesitate to take a case to trial if doing so benefits our client.
Do not allow fears about the cost of legal services to stand in the way of getting outstanding legal representation from a Chapel Hill car accident lawyer. We work on a contingency fee basis, which simply means that our legal fees are paid from the settlement or award after the trial that we secure on your behalf.
Common types of accidents include:
Driver behaviors that cause accidents include:
- Driver distraction: Texting and talking on a cellphone, GPS systems, and conversations with other occupants cause drivers to divert their attention from the task of driving.
- Driver fatigue: Fatigue impairs judgment, reflexes, and coordination that can lead to an accident.
- Speeding and aggressive driving: High speeds and aggressive actions by drivers make it difficult to control a vehicle.
Our Chapel Hill car accident lawyer at the Clauson Law Firm has experience handling all types of accidents caused by all types of driver behavior.